Type: Regression Bug
Status: In Progress
Affects Version/s: 2.0.4 EE GA2
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:Tomcat 7 + MySQL 5.
Portal 6.2.x GIT ID: 6757ad25bec90b27561f10f25d16992c5b60daac
Plugins 6.2.x GIT ID: a1c1e45aa19c63f31023deb7b6ccf4249b89bbc9
Similar Issues:Show 5 results
SOS-1363 Private Messaging displays improperly after sending a new message SOS-1093 Private Messaging is broken SOS-1494 Private messaging portlet "new message" can be invoked by URL? SOS-1257 Unable to send private message using Internet Explorer SOS-1039 Unable to fully delete private message
Logic change introduced by
SOS-1113 prevents the Private Messaging Portlet (PMP in what follows) from sending a notification to the recipient of the private message.
In UserThreadLocalServiceImpl method getPrivateMessageURL() throws NoSuchLayoutException, if the recipient user doesn't have a PMP added to his/her private page; on the sender side however there is no error message displayed and there isn't anything helpful in the logs either.
- Have a Liferay Portal instance up and running.
- Compile PMP from source.
- Deploy PMP war.
- Create a new user (eg. email@example.com)
- Log in as firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add the PMP to the front page.
- Try to send a private mesage to email@example.com.
- Nothing happens at this point.
- Try to do the same and send a message to yourself, that works.