Affects Version/s: 6.1.X EE
Branch Version/s:6.1.x, 6.0.x
Backported to Branch:Committed
Similar Issues:Show 4 results
LPS-32906 As a web content editor I would like to find results of old versions when searching in the web content administration LPS-26125 Implement historic search feature for web content LPS-27724 Solr-web-plugin doesn't get snippets from the localized fields and provides incosistent results in case of searches from other locales for terms occured only in the default-locale version of a Web Content LPS-8505 Usage of stars for rating and relevance of search results could confuse users
If a web content administrator searches for Web Content from the administration portlet, and the search terms are found in previous versions of the articles, that old version is shown in the list. In this scenario the preview action shows the specific version but all others affect the latest version. This is quite confusing for the user.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to Control Panel > Web Content.
2. Create a basic Web Content (WC1 v1.0) with name=test and content=hello.
3. Copy this content to create a new Web Content (WC2 v1.0 name=test content=hello)
4. Edit WC2 and set the name=other-content (WC2 v1.1 name=other-content content=hello)
5. Edit WC2 and set the name=final-version and content="bye" (WC2 v1.2 name=final-version content=bye)
6. From Control Panel > Web Content search by "hello".
- The title shown is the one for the old version (which might not be the same as the latest version)
- Returned one result for WC1 (v1.0 name=test) and only another one for WC2 (v1.0 name=test). In the case of WC2, the preview action shows the first version but all others apply to the latest version (1.2)
- It should be more clear for the user when the text was found in an old version and it should be clear for the user to which version the actions apply.